Need a ride? Below, we have compiled every mount available for Final Fantasy XIV. This list includes all Shadowbringers mounts, as well as every previous option. Climb on board as we review all of your options with our FFXIV Mounts Guide.
FFXIV Mounts Guide
Before we dive in, there are a few things to consider regarding these mounts. First, they come in two varieties: grounded or flying. Originally, ground creatures made up the vast majority of final fantasy 14 mounts. During subsequent releases, the number of available flying mounts grew dramatically. Flying isn’t just inherently cool; these mounts are twice as fast as the ground versions.
If you are new to the game, don’t be in a rush to grab a mount. After all, they are only available when you join a Grand Company at Level 20. Your Grand Company is a major turning point in the game, and joining one will nets you a Grand Company Chocobo. Obviously, this is the easiest mount to get in FFXIV.
Your Chocobo won’t be the best option for long, but having access to FF14 Mounts is a gamechanger. Without further ado, let’s step into our FFXIV Mounts list.
FFXIV Mount List
Native to the Near Eastern island of Thavnair, adamantoises were long thought to be impossible to domesticate. However, through the efforts of Ul’dahn zoologists, a handful of the colossal scalekin have been successfully trained to accept riders.
- The Adamantoise is available as a reward from the Manderville Gold Saucer. You can obtain it by spending 200,000 Manderville Gold Saucer Points with the Gold Saucer Attendant.
- You can earn these points through minigames at the Cold Saucer, like Chocobo Racing or Triple Triad.
- It is possible to purchase these points with Gil, but only if you have less than 500 MGP.
- To get to the Manderville Gold Saucer you must first complete the quest “It Could Happen to You” (Level 15).
Unearthed in the eastern lowlands of Coerthas, engineers surmise that this particular Allagan drone would likely have been used in aerial defense, although its weaponry functions are now beyond repair. Even so, it is still quite convenient as a transportation device.
- You gain access to this FF14 mount after completing the “In a Blaze of Glory V” Achievement.
- To unlock the achievement, you must win 100 matches in Fields of Glory with your Grand Company.
- You can unlock Fields of Glory by unlocking Frontline, or by completing the LIke Civilized Men and Women quests Maelstrom, Twin Adder, or Immortal Flames.
Though little is known of the void and the creatures which call the extra-dimensional realm home, scholars have discovered that there is a strict hierarchy amongst voidsent consisting of twelve distinct tiers. Ahrimans are believed to fall into the fifth, making them formidable foes… when not enthralled by curses.
- Summon this mount with a Voidal Resonator.
- You can purchase a Voidal Resonator from Jonathas for 6 Achievement Certificates.
- Previously a Veteran Reward for subscribing to the game for 90 consecutive days.
From the amount of ordinance equipped, one can gather that this oddly shaped airship was employed in battle. However, being from the Sigmascape, who employed it and when are anyone’s guess. The shark maw painted on its bow suggests an underwater civilization.
- You can grab this flying mount as a guaranteed drop when you complete Sigmascape V4.0 (Savage).
Legend states that the Lord of the Inferno, Ifrit, forged this magicked steed from a nightmare offered by the Amalj’aa in sacrifice.
- You can summon Aithon with the Aithon Whistle.
- Aithon Whistle is a chance drop upon completing the Bowl of Embers (Extreme).
Though karakuls ordinarily have black fleece, this creature raised in the paddocks of House Haillenarte was born snowy white. This rarest of qualities spared it a fate at the dining table, and it grew to such a size as to be able to bear people upon its fluffy back.
- You can purchase an Albino Karakul for 8,400 Skybuilder’s Scrip from Enie in The Firmament.
While none can be certain the exact intentions of a self-aware interdimensional construct, logic suggests this winged aberration is a reimagination of Alte Roite─a legendary wizard who is said could take the shape of a dragon at will.
- Guaranteed drop for completing Deltascape V4.0 (Savage).
Of all the mounts seen in Norvrandt, naught is more ubiquitous than the amaro. Originally created by the mages of ancient Ronka, who selectively bred the flightless cama, present-day beasts carry the seed of their ancestors, which may manifest in the form of superior intellect.
- The Amaro mount is an award for completing the A Life of Adventure IV achievement.
- This achievement occurs when you get every Disciple of War and Discipiple of Magic to Level 80.
Amber Draught Chocobo
To Ishgardians, red represents true love and loyalty. To this wild chocobo from the Dravanian forelands, it meant capture at the hands of hunters who easily found a red chocobo sticking out like a sore thumb in the midst of all his yellow brethren.
- The Amber Draught Chocobo can be purchased from any Calamity Salvager for the price of 8 Gold Chocobo Feathers.
- You can obtain these feathers from the Recruit a Friend Campaign.
Those adventurers who have longed to hop on their Carbuncles’ backs can give thanks to the arcanist Ulan, whose research into Diamond Carbuncle provided the necessary cues to create an arcane entity of ridable proportions. As its form is maintained by a large aquamarine, it can be summoned even by those unversed in the ways of arcanima.
- You can summon this mount with an Aquamarine Carbuncle Whistle.
- You can purchase the whistle for $24 USD from the Mog Station.
Despite claims that it was once the chair of Louisoix Leveilleur, former residents of Sharlayan have confirmed that it is naught more than an ordinary furnishing enchanted by a Great Gubal Library bibliophile who was tired of not being able to reach the upper shelves.
- It is possible to purchase an Archon Throne for 750,000 MGP from the Gold Saucer Attendant.
Fabricated within Alexander’s internal manufactories, Arrhidaeus was primarily used to wreak temporal disruption on any and all invaders. This particular construct saw its weapons systems overridden following capture, and now serves as a glorified transport module.
- You can summon this mount with an Arrhidaeus Master Key.
- The key is guaranteed to drop when you complete Alexander – The Soul of the Creator (Savage).
The emergent studies of winged horses had to be rewritten with a single sighting of Astrope, confirming that adult pegasi are not only enormous in size, but also possessed of a horn. Wary of most, Astrope only allows those of gentle heart to climb upon its back─a back large enough to seat two!
- It is possible to summon this mount with an Astrope Whistle. The whistle is an award for the completion of the “I Hope Mentor Will Notice Me VI” Achievement.
- You can obtain this achievement when you complete 2,000 duties via Duty Roulette: Mentor.
Said to be swaddled in the very winds of heaven, this majestic creature was once a brutal killer of man. A chance meeting with auspice lord Byakko, however, saw the bloodlust in its heart fade.
- This is a random drop when you complete The Jade Stoa (Extreme).
- Alternatively, you can purchase it for 99 Byakko Totems from Eschina.
The bears of Abalathia’s Spine are not known to suffer the presence of man in their territory, let alone allow one to mount their backs and command them hither and yon. Then what, pray tell, has come over this particular specimen? Perhaps one look into your inner beast convinced the creature that submission spelled survival.
- You can obtain the Battle Bear when you obtain the Tank you, Warrior III Achievement. This achievement is reached by completing 300 dungeons, extreme trials, level 50/60 duty roulette dungeons, or duty roulette leveling duties as a warrior.
There was a time when members of Ul’dah’s elite Sultansworn strode the Steps of Nald and Thal atop silver-plated lions, striking fear and awe into the mewling masses. An effort to return to those days of glory has seen the summoning of several of Thavnair’s most prominent beast tamers to the Rose of the Desert.
- You can obtain the Battle Lion when you obtain the Tank you, Paladin III Achievement. This achievement is reached by completing 300 dungeons, extreme trials, level 50/60 duty roulette dungeons, or duty roulette leveling duties as a paladin.
History tells us that no dark hero’s story is complete without the companionship of a wily panther. Their sable coat, their savage nature, their attunement with the umbral, their thirst for blood. It is as if the gods created these creatures in the image of a dark knight…or perhaps it was the other way around.
- You can obtain the Battle Panther when you obtain the Tank you, Dark Knight III Achievement. This achievement is reached by completing 300 dungeons, extreme trials, level 50/60 duty roulette dungeons, or duty roulette leveling duties as a Dark Knight.
In the region of Bozja in Ilsabard, the sabertooth tiger has long been employed in warfare as part of infantry. Many soldiers developed an enduring bond with the beasts, whom they would affectionately refer to as their “kittens.”
- You can obtain the Battle Tiger when you obtain the Tank you, Gunbreaker III Achievement. This achievement is reached by completing 300 dungeons, extreme trials, level 50/60 duty roulette dungeons, or duty roulette leveling duties as a Gunbreaker.
Immediately following the Calamity, an adventurer returning to Gridania from the Falcon’s Nest in Coerthas happened upon a den of baby behemoths who had lost their mother to Bahamut’s flames. Despite objections from friends and family alike, she kept the beasts, eventually training them to serve as mounts.
- You can purchase Behemoth for 6 Achievement Certificates from Jonathas.
This bird was reborn after drinking deep of the aether that flowed forth from the immortal Phoenix, who appeared in the skies of Carteneau during the Calamity. Named after a legendary bird, bennu means “a shining object, rising in brilliance.”
- You can obtain the Bennu Mount with a Bennu Horn. It is possible to purchase the Bennu Horn from the Mog Station for $24 USD.
Raised by a Qiqirn culinary connoisseur, this carefree crustacean formed a bond of friendship with its keeper, and in so doing, escaped the cookpot. Though it may not be the most obvious choice for a mount, its smooth, round shell makes it one of the more comfortable.
Big shells are so named for the bigness of their shells, which they wear most bigly. Clever, yes? – Qiqirn zoologist
You can purchase Big Shell from Enie in the Firmament. it costs 8,400 Skybuilders’ Scrip.
A purebred Ishgardian black chocobo, trained from birth by House Fortemps knight, Ser Haurchefant, and presented to you in a gesture of true friendship. The bird is slightly more muscular than you expected and exhibits the strange habit of squatting when left to itself.
- This mount is a reward for completing the Main Scenario Quest Divine Intervention.
While uncommon, tales of pegasi black as ink can be found amongst the folklore of countless tribes. One similarity, however, can be observed in nearly all the renditions─that those unworthy of the steed will have their very life essence sapped the moment they climb upon its back.
- Black Pegasus is a random drop from Gold-trimmed Sacks found in floors 151-200 in Palace of the Dead.
Believe it or not, this monstrous canine did not always glow, only achieving its heavenly effulgence upon receiving the blessing of Lakshmi after being offered to the Lady of Bliss by her loyal Ananta dreamers.
- Blissful Kamuy is a random drop when you complete Emanation (Extreme).
- Alternatively, you can purchase Blissful Kamuy from Eschina for 99 Bliss Totems.
Upon learning that his creations were forever lacking the power to combust, 789th Order Acolyte Ba Go did what any master of explosives would—attach the bombs to the corners of an iron bench and create a floating coach.
- You can purchase from the Kobold Vendor for 120,000 Gil.
- This option is only available once you are Trusted (rank 4) with the Kobold Beast Tribe.
Legend states that the Lady of Frost, Shiva, birthed this magicked steed from a unicorn offered by her followers in sacrifice.
- One of our favorite FFVIX mounts, Boreas is a random drop when you complete The Akh Afah Amphitheatre (Extreme).
Broken Heart (Left)
Burdened with a warehouse of unsold broken heart chairs, House Valentione came up with the diabolic plan to repurpose the cushions with cloudsbreath and peddle them to the unknowing masses as flying mounts. Lady Lisette dreams of one day riding the hearts on her honeymoon.
- Broken Heart (Left) was a Valentione’s Day reward in 2018. Now, you can purchase it for $12 from Mog Station.
Broken Heart (Right)
Burdened with a warehouse of unsold broken heart chairs, House Valentione came up with the diabolic plan to repurpose the cushions with cloudsbreath and peddle them to the unknowing masses as flying mounts.
- Broken Heart (Right) was a Valentione’s Day reward in 2018. Now, you can purchase it for $12 from Mog Station.
- You can purchase the Cavalry Drake for 120,000 Gil from Amalj’aa Vendor.
- You must first reach Trusted (rank 4) reputation with the Amalj’aa Beast Tribe before you have the opportunity to buy this mount.
To ensure his elbst do not find themselves at a disadvantage to swift-running chocobos, Pahh of Novv’s Clutch clips the webbing on their feet at a young age, rendering them more capable of achieving high speeds on land. This procedure, however, robs them of their natural-born ability to swim.
- You can purchase the Cavalry Elbst from a Sahagin Vendor for 120,000 Gil.
- This transaction is only possible once you reach Trusted (Rank 4) reputation with the Sahagin Beast Tribe.
In a rare display of misguided compassion, a member of Clan Centurio returned from a Hunt with the whimpering cub of a slain S-rank mark. Unable to grant it the mercy it so deserved, the veteran took to caring for the beast until his deceit was discovered and his membership revoked. However, by then, not a single other member could bring themselves to harm the pet they had all come to love.
- You can obtain the Centurio Tiger after obtaining the You Got Game Achievement.
- You can obtain this achievement by beating 3000 Rank A Elite Marks, as well as 2000 Rank S Elite Marks.
Raised by Ishgard’s master breeders for beauty and purity of stock, its snow white feathers are natural and, though fully developed, as soft as down. Temperament-wise, the bird is remarkably docile and one of few breeds who will allow dual riders upon its back.
- This Chocobo is a reward when you purchase a Gold or Platinum Eternal Bond.
Raised in hopes that its Dread Gaze would reap a bountiful harvest of terror, this ahriman proved a disappointment. It has since found a new calling as an adventurer’s trusty mount.
- This mount was a reward for the completion of the Seasonal Event Quest Fear and Delight in the All Saints’ Wake (2019).
Those adventurers who have longed to hop on their Carbuncles’ backs can give thanks to the arcanist Ulan, whose research into Diamond Carbuncle provided the necessary cues to create an arcane entity of ridable proportions. As its form is maintained by a large citrine, it can be summoned even by those unversed in the ways of arcanima.
- You can purchase the Citrine Carbuncle for $24 USD at the Mog Station.
While cloud mallows grow naturally in the Churning Mists, some of the inhabitants of Moghome have spent generations cultivating their own seeds to allow for stronger stems and larger yields of mallow puffs, a sprinkling of which can stimulate even the most lethargic of moogles to work with unbridled joy.
- You can summon the Cloud Mallow with Cloud Mallow Seeds.
- To obtain Cloud Mallow Seeds, purchase them from Mogmul Mogbelly for 200,000 Gil. This is possible after you attain Sworn (Rank 7) reputation with the moogles.
Native to the jungles of the Near East, coeurls were only recently introduced to Eorzea, brought over from faraway lands such as Thavnair by Ul’dahn nobles who thought to breed them as pets. Now, but a handful of skilled tamers living in recluse on the Pearl are said to be able to train them.
- The Coeurl is a reward for purchasing the Collector’s Edition or Digital Collector’s Edition of A Realm Reborn.
Born and bred in the city-state of Ishgard, the majority of company chocobos are geldings of the rouncey variety; however, massive destriers and miniature Belah’dian jennets are also raised to accommodate the builds of Roegadyn and Lalafell riders respectively.
- After joining a Grand Company, you can purchase the Company Chocobo for 200 Company Seals from the Immortal Flames, The Order of the Twin Adder, or The Maelstrom.
During their excavation in the Clockwork City of Goug, the IVth Imperial Legion discovered a host of worker automata, which they repurposed for war. As the name suggests, this particular construct is the fourteenth to undergo such a transformation.
“Were you able to find any machina worthy of sssalvaging?” – Eshana
- Construct 14 is a flying mount that can be summoned with the right item – a Construct 14 Identification Key. You can purchase this key from the Resistance Quartermaster in the Bozjan Southern Front. It costs 180 Bozjan Clusters.
This flashy golem was constructed by a band of commerce-minded kobolds hoping to establish regular trade with their seafaring neighbors. Coated in Lominsan red, propulsion power is apparently enhanced by as much as thirty percent.
No one’ll tell me what the bloody “S” stands for… – Lieutenant Skaetswys
- You can purchase this construct from Faux Commander in Idyllshire. It costs 600 faux leaf.
Consumed by malice almost equal to their master’s, these birds roost in Nidhogg’s lair, and regularly bathe themselves in the aetheric tempests surrounding the Aery. Sight of their glowing wings outside the Churning Mists can set the common folk into a panic, as they are thought to be the Horde’s harbingers of death.
- You can purchase Dark Lanner from Bertana for 99 Horde Totems
- In the alternative, it is a random drop when you complete The Minstrel’s Ballad.
After concluding that Ozma of the Weeping City was but a preliminary attempt to weave an aether-based simulacrum of the Eurekan phenomenon Proto Ozma, the Students of Baldesion endeavored to apply similar magicks in the creation of what they dubbed “Demi-Ozma,” hoping to learn what makes the entity tick.
- You can obtain Demi-Ozma with the “We’re on Your Side I” Achievement.
- You can get this achievement by completing The Baldeison Arsenal in Eureka Hydatos.
The centaurs of ancient Meracydia believed that their mighty god Zurvan would send out his lanner before a battle to inform his enemies of their impending defeat.
- Random drop upon completion of Containment Bay Z1T9 (Extreme) or purchased from Bertana for 99 Demon Totems.
While attempting to nibble at a tree on a nearby isle, this dhalmel lost its footing and fell. As it plunged towards certain death, the fervent desire to live awakened its latent ability to harness the wind, and thus did it soar to safety. This may or may not have happened, but let’s say it did.
You’ve never seen a dhalmel before!? – Atelloune
- The Dhalmel mount is a reward from the Kupo of Fortune.
Mass cullings of the beasts during the Sixth Astral Era prompted naturalists to deem the species extinct. However, this claim was proved false when Ixali scouts discovered a lone pack roaming the sparsely inhabited mountains of Xelphatol.
- You can purchase the Direwolf for 120,000 Gil in North Shroud.
- This is only possible after achieving Sworn (Rank 7) with the Ixali Beast Tribe.
E-Una-Kotor created this winged monstrosity using stone hewn from the very walls of the Palace of the Dead in an attempt to better understand the guardian golems which watch over the Lost City of Amdapor. That the face chosen for the design bears an uncanny likeness to a certain someone is one stone best left unturned.
- Purchased with 10 Gelmorran Potsherds from E-Una-Kotor in the South Shroud at Quarrymill (x25,y20.6). Gelmorran Potsherds are obtained from Palace of the Dead.
For centuries people of the Far East believed the dodo lost─the cloudkin hunted to extinction by poachers who would use its feathers for petticoats and its eggs for cheesy omelettes. The recent discovery of a nest in the upper echelons of Heaven–on–High, however, has given naturalists hope that the species may still endure.
- Random drop on floors 71-100 of Heavon-on-High from Platinum-Haloed Sacks.
This heretofore unseen breed of chocobo was said to have been discovered by chocobo hunters searching for the legendary Chocobo Forest. Its enormous size would make it a fine pack chocobo, but its foul temper prevents it from completing even the simplest of tasks without the injury of some poor rider.
- Recruit a friend to A Realm Reborn through the Recruit a Friend Campaign. The player will receive the Draught Chocobo after the friend has subscribed to ARR for 90 days.
The existence of this miniaturized replica can be attributed─as with many, many other things─to a combination of aether and crystal, a fragment of which was discovered inside Eden itself. The result was this smaller likeness, which may be summoned at will and is probably less likely to trigger an apocalyptic catastrophe.
Eden…the first sin eater. – Gaia
- This mount is available in level 80 Eden’s Promise: Eternity (Savage) Raid.
First encountered as a curious dragonet, Ehll Tou became a dragon grown during her stay in Ishgard. With her passion for crafting, she underwent an evolution heretofore unseen in her kind, developing dexterous forelimbs that allow her to deftly wield all manner of implements.
You have a knack for this, Ehll Tou! – Hautdilong
- Ehll Tou can be obtained as a reward when you complete On Ehll Tou’s WIngs sidequest. it becomes available when you reach Level 5 satisfaction with Custom Deliveries.
After learning of the latest of the Dreamer’s visions─a giant floating ovoid delivering eggs to all the good boys and girls of the realm─Nonotta and friends literally scrambled to find a means of bringing her dream to life. All it required was a little aid from the Sons of Saint Coinach…and the remnants of some ancient Allagan technology.
- You can purchase this mount from the Mog Station for $12.
Despite the imposing name, naturalists believe Eldthursar to be naught but yeti whose ancestors forswore their icy mountain homes, choosing instead the molten lakes of Pyros to raise their young. Though not necessarily known for their obedience, this particular specimen has been trained to accept the orders of a rider without taking a bite out of her thigh.
- You can have this mount as a random drop from Gold Coffers in Eureka Pyros.
Called forth by a mysterious horn infused with the power of an unknown primal absorbed by the Emerald Weapon. Whether it sees through the glowing orb at the front of its snout or some other means is unclear.
Rubies! Emeralds! Sapphires! Oh, how they sparkle! – Uin Nee
- This mount dropped in level 80 Castrum Marinum (Extreme) Trial.
- Enbarr is a random drop for completing The Whorleater (Extreme)
Of all the species of petrels known to man, the Eurekan petrel is the only one which is not actually a petrel, but, in fact, an oversized carnivorous sea slug. Admittedly, unlike most sea slugs, this unique variety possesses the capacity for extended flight, hence the understandable misnomer.
- Random drop from Gold Coffers in Eureka Hydatos.
Having sacrificed its life to save his master, this magnificent canine was spared the pull of the Lifestream by the auspice Suzaku and her scarlet flames of rebirth.
- You can purchase this mount for 99 Suzaku Totems from Eschina
- In the alternative, you can obtain this mount as random drop when you complete Hells’ Kier (Extreme).
Desiring to recreate the fantastical beast known as the dragon, a sorcerer from ages past fashioned a horn imbued with Titania’s power. The creature which answers the sound is aglow with fae magicks.
- This is a random drop upon completion of Dancing Plague (Extreme).
- Reward for completing the Sidequest A Lone Wolf No More after acquiring all other Kamuy mounts.
- You can obtain this mount in the Fly the Falcon Mount Campaign
- Reward for purchasing the Collector’s Edition or Digital Collector’s Edition of A Realm Reborn.
This plus-sized patrician epitomizes the ancient moogle proverb regarding kupo nuts that says, “Once you kupop, you cannot stop.” Basic laws of physics suggest that wings as small as the fat moogle’s should not provide enough lift for true flight… yet here we are.
- Purchasable from the Mog Station for $29.99.
Purchasable from Mog Station for $24
Following the rise of Ishgard, hoarhounds all but disappeared from the Coerthas highlands. However, the shift in climate caused by the Calamity has seen the legendary beasts descend from their mountain dens once more.
- Purchase from Gold Saucer Attendant for 1,000,000 MGP
The Far East is home to numerous legends concerning birds of flame who sacrifice their lives to save the world, only to rise from the ashes of destruction to rule the skies once again. The Firebird is one of those legends…made a mount.
- Firebird is a reward for completing the sidequest Fiery Wings, Fiery Hearts. To obtain it, you must first acquire all other Lanner mounts.
After witnessing dazzling demonstrations of how a warsteed might turn the tide of battle, the Grand Companies of Eorzea emptied their coffers at the feet of the Far Eastern uma bugyo, each seeking to put themselves at an advantage during Frontline campaigns.
- This mount is an award from the Achievement A Line in the Sand IV.
- The achievement is acquired upon winning 100 Frontline PvP matches with The Immortal Flames.
Featuring elegant lines and designed to minimize waste, this lovingly crafted chair is bound to fly into the hearts of adventurers the world over. No assembly required.
- Can be crafted by an Alchemist Level 70** with Master Alchemist V. Requires 8 Cloudsbreaths, 1 Riviera Armchair.
Summon forth the flying cumulus. It is unclear whether its previous owner was a boy with a tail or simply a monkey.
There is but one man in all of Hydaelyn who can create such a mystical masterpiece, and it is said he resides upon a misty peak hidden within the mountain ranges of Doma. Crafted by stitching together dozens of smaller clouds, the cumulus allows a single rider to explore the skies…but only if she has an inherent affinity for magicks.
- Previously available during a 2017 promotion.
Alerted to its presence in the basement of Eulmore, the hunters of Clan Nutsy set out to vanquish this sin eater. Upon seeing that the creature was not aggressive, however, they decided to keep it instead.
- You can purchase this mount from Xylle at the Crystarium or Ilfroy at Eulmore. The cost is 3,200 Sack of Nuts.
Summon forth Ginga. A man-made aberration from a land that exists only in whispers. Its name is said to mean silver fang.
Lore This otherworldly mount, cobbled together from the carcasses of noble beasts and armored in elaborate silver plate, is said only to accept as riders those who have proven their might and mettle on the fields of battle.
- Ginga is a mount obtained from Frontline Fury Achievement by winning 10 Frontline campaigns with a Garo title.
This otherworldly mount, cobbled together from the carcasses of noble beasts and armored in elaborate gold plate, is said only to accept as riders those who have proven their might and mettle on the fields of battle.
- mount obtained from Fatal Feast Achievement by winning 30 Feast matches with a Garo title.
Gilded Magitek Armor
Its golden coating serves to resist magicks while impressing members of the opposite sex. It only took a few heated skirmishes with the allied city-states for Garlemald to realize that the magicks wielded by the realm’s mages were too much for even the thickest of magitek armor plating. Alloyed gilding has since been discovered to dampen the effects of elemental charges and is now standard issue.
- Awarded from the Achievement Everybody’s Darling. The achievement is acquired by getting 500 Player Commendations.
Taking inspiration from the half-remembered dream of his grandfather Tatanora, Tatamaru used his encyclopedic knowledge to design a small-scale version of a rotary-winged airship. Its name derives from an airship that appears in an obscure novel of unknown origins.
- You obtain this mount when you earn the You Are What You Eat IV Achievement. This achievement requires 200 wins in The Feast PVP matches.
Originally designed to be a less-fickle replacement for pack raptors, the gobwalker was quickly reoutfitted into a tool of war after it took twenty goblins to chase down and topple a walker that had gone out of control and destroyed an entire workshop.
- This a guaranteed drop when completing Alexander – The Burden of the Father (Savage).
Traded for a song by the High Satrap of a distant land, the secret to taming these creatures once thought to be unbreakable was introduced to Eorzea by a mysterious wandering minstrel who journeyed through the realm in the final days before the Calamity.
- Reward for people who played the 1.0 version of Final Fantasy XIV.
Great Vessel of Ronka
- Obtained by trading 18 Qitari Compliments. Pretty straightforward entry into our FFXIV Mounts list.
- Griffin is a mount obtained by purchasing the Collector’s Edition or Digital Collector’s Edition of Heavensward expansion.
Possessed of a strength of both mind and body that is unmatched in the First, as a mount, Grani has no peer on land nor in the heavens. It is said, however, the noble creature will only accept a rider who has pledged to restore shadow to a land bereft of night.
- Reward for purchasing the Collector’s Edition or Digital Collector’s Edition of Shadowbringers.
- This mount is a random drop upon completing The Navel (Extreme).
Abandoned by its master, this loyal canine was discovered by the auspice Seiryu and granted a new life in service of the thousand-year-old lord.
- Random drop from completing Wreath of Snakes (Extreme)
- Alternatively, you can purchase Hallowed Kamuy from Eschina for 99 Seiryu Totems.
- Shark mount obtained by completing an achievement linked to scoring at least 10,000 points during a single ocean fishing voyage.
Under the patronage of its mistress, Rowena, this enchanted steed has led a pampered life. Able to comprehend language, it was often seen attending Khloe Aliapoh’s storytelling sessions, her tales of high adventure inspiring it to set out on one of its own.
Your loyal steed awaits! – Voyce
- You can purchase Incitatus from Khloe Aliapoh for 1 Khloe’s Gold Certificate of Commendation, or you from Faux Commander for the price of 600 faux leaves.
Pods of these massive wavekin are believed to traverse the Indigo Deep for thousands of malms in pursuit of food. Why they would choose to limit themselves to the confines of the sea despite possessing the capacity for aether-assisted flight is a mystery scholars have pondered for centuries.
- You can purchase an Indigo Whale mount from Mog Station for $29.99.
Answering to a horn imbued with the almighty Innocence’s power, this draconic arcane entity is enveloped in the selfsame glow as the Lightwarden whence it takes its name. Rest assured it is not a sin eater.
- This mount is a random drop when you complete Crown of the Immaculate (Extreme)
Dwarven artisans have reinforced this automaton to improve lower body durability as well as installed a propulsion unit to enable flight. The techniques employed in its creation are a jealously guarded secret, and a blight upon the beards of they who betray it.
- You are able to purchase this mount for 12 Formidable Cogs from Fathard.
- To obtain formidable cogs, complete FATE A Finale Most Formidable.
Ask any Gyr Abanian youth, and she will tell you the story of Ixion, Rhalgr’s magnificent steed─swift as a levinbolt and strong as thunderclap. However, the recent discovery of several ancient Mhachi texts suggests that the creature may simply be a stallion augmented by ancient technologies that have granted Ixion life eternal…and the ability to shoot lightning from its eyes.
- It is possible to purchase the Ixion mount for 12 Ixion Horns from Eschina.
- You can obtain Ixion Horns from the FATE A Horse Outside.
- This mount is awarded from the achievement More Inventory Slots, Please II. This achievement requires you to obtain all 17 Yo-kai Weapons during the collaboration event Yo-kai Watch: Gather One, Gather All!
Its ancient Doman name loosely translating to “ludicrously swift steed that runs so fast its feet no longer touch the ground,” Juedi is yet another horse of legend, showered with geomantic magicks to grant the creature the gift of flight.
- acquired by speaking with the Cast-off Confederate with all 4 Empyrean Accessories from Heaven-on-High in your inventory.
From the Near East to the Far, the peacock has long been esteemed not only for its beauty, but also its penchant for eating harmful vilekin. This particular creature belongs to a breed created by improving a species indigenous to Othard with geomancy.
Don’t you be taken in by his peacockin’. – Rowena
- You can purchase this mount for $24 from Mog Station.
Ask any man in Othard who rules the realm of beasts, and you will receive the same answer – Kirin. It is believed that the lion-like creature has walked the eastern lands for over a thousand years and will only answer the call of a hero it has deemed worthy.
- Obtain Kirin by completing the Sidequest A Legend for a Legend.
- You must acquire all Nightmare mounts prior to obtaining Kirin.
After hatching from an egg laid near the riverbanks, the kongamato larva spends its early life as a water-dwelling insect. Its maturity is signified by metamorphosis, during which its wings sprout forth and it takes to the skies.
- You can purchase Kongamato from Vath Stickpeddler for 200,000 Gil, but only after achieving Sworn (Rank 7) reputation with the Vath Beast Tribe.
In search of an ideal home, this korpokkur journeyed long malms before finally coming to a stop at the Gold Saucer. The trek across the scorching Sagolii had reduced it to a withered husk, but when next it drank, it experienced what could only be described as an epic rebound.
- Purchased from the Gold Saucer Attendant for 750,000 MGP.
After having the moss and flowers growing upon his head pulled up and tossed aside like common weeds by a band of sylvan ne’er-do-wells, this quiet-mannered goobbue was taken in and cared for by the sylphs of Little Solace whose elders crafted for him a magnificent laurel with which to hide his scars.
- Purchased from Sylphic Vendor for 120,000 gil after achieving Trusted (Rank 4) reputation with the Sylph Beast Tribe.
- Reward for people who played the 1.0 version of Final Fantasy XIV.
Perpetually enveloped in a divine glow, it is said to have been born when an Ala Mhigan war hound chanced to bathe in Shinryu’s light in the moment of the primal’s birth.
- This mount is a rare drop from The Minstrel’s Ballad: Shinryu’s Domain or Shinryu (Extreme).
- This mount is obtained completing the ‘Behind Enemy Lines’ achievement.
- You need to obtain 200 Frontline victories with a single Grand Company.
- Getting the 200 wins completes the achievement and rewards you with this mount.
Having survived, alone, the hellish darkness that is the void, this demonic beast will not soon suffer the presence of others, choosing typically to attack before he himself becomes a victim. Which is why it is all the more surprising that the hound would allow someone on his back.
- Reward for the Top 100 players of each data center at the end of the The Feast (Season 3).
Covered from muzzle to tail in an otherworldly silver coat, the faehound appears more akin to something out of a faerie tale than from the nether-reaches of the void. Yet do not be fooled by the beast’s appearance, for he is an equal in strength to all but the highest ranking voidsent, his heart swollen with savagery from a lifetime hunting alone.
- Reward for the Top 100 players of each data center at the end of the The Feast (Season 4).
When a wild wolf living in an abandoned imperial stronghold is bathed in the aether of a goddess reborn, amazing results are to be expected.
- Lunar Kamuy is a random drop upon completing The Minstrel’s Balad: Tsukoyumi’s Pain.
- In the alternative, you can buy this mount from Eschina for 99 Lunar Totems.
- Crafted by a Carpenter Level 80* with Master Carpenter VII. Requires 3 Enchanted Elm Lumbers, 4 Undyed Velveteens and 4 Cloudsbreaths.
It is said an ancient king of Corvos, upon conquering a tribe of faeries, bid the faerie queen weave her magicks to forge an object the likes mankind had never seen. The queen was executed shortly after presenting the king with a flying carpet. This is not that carpet, but at least no one was slain in its creation.
- You can purchase this mount from the Mog Station
This suit of Garlean-developed reaper-class magitek battle armor has had its original control systems purged and replaced with a new, modified core built by Cid of the Garlond Ironworks.
- Reward for the completion of The Ulimate Weapon Main Scenario Quest.
The goblins have carried out extensive work on this magitek avenger, among other things changing it from an autonomous killing machine to one requiring a pilot. After all, there’s no substituting the satisfaction of dealing vengeance with one’s own hands. Sort of.
- Obtain this mount when you complete the Die Another Day III Achievement. This achievement requires winning 100 Astragalos PVP matches.
Magitek Avenger A-1
- Awarded from the Achievement Out of Hiding. The achievement is acquired by winning 100 Hidden Gorge PvP matches.
- Awarded to the Top 100 players of each data center at the end of The Feast (Season 7.)
Magitek Death Claw
- Trade 6 x Achievement Certificates to Jonathas, located in New Gridania.
Guided as ever by the ethos of constant advancement, imperial magitek engineers returned to improve their conveyor system, simplifying its assembly and trimming weight by 8%. The result is enhanced fuel efficiency, demonstrating that even world-conquering empires can be environmentally minded.
Hah! Success! – Aulus mal Asina
You can obtain Magitek Hyperconveyor as an award for the Top 100 players of each data center following The Feast (Season 16).
- This mount is a random drop when you complete Ala Mhigo (Dungeon).
Magitek Sky Armor
- Purchase Magitek Sky Armor from Storm Sergeant (Materia Provisioner) for 20,000 Wolf Marks in The Wolves’ Den.
Following their discovery of an imperial roader abandoned in Gyr Abania, several clever goblins came up with the ingenious plan to refurbish the damaged warmachina. The auto-pilot systems, however, were beyond repair, so the engineers were forced to compromise by adding a mannable cockpit.
- Awarded to the Top 100 players of each data center at the end of The Feast (Season 11.)
Supervised (in spirit) by the ever-absent Cid, Biggs and Wedge (with a little bending over by Biggs) put their heads together to create this flight-ready miniature airship, powered by the realm’s first corrupted crystal engine.
- Awarded when you complete Quest Into the Aery Main Scenario.
Some say that Managarm is merely a myth. Others believe it to be an extinct beast. Both are wrong, as you well know. According to Abalathian legend, this fearsome hound roams the celestial sphere in pursuit of the moon, whose light it relishes─or so it may appear to those who witness it soaring the skies, spawning spectral flames.
- Purchased at any Calamity Salvager for 8 Gold Chocobo Feathers. Gold Chocobo Feathers are obtained through the Recruit a Friend campaign.
- This mount is from Madhura & costs 18 Ananta Dreamstaff.
- Requires rank Sworm or Bloodsworn with Anantas.
Legend states that the Lord of Levin, Ramuh, drew forth this magicked steed from a nightmare offered by the sylphs in sacrifice.
- Markab drops at random when you complete The Striking Tree (Extreme).
Following their discovery of an imperial roader abandoned in Gyr Abania, several clever goblins came up with the ingenious plan to not only refurbish the damaged warmachina, but to improve upon its design by adding cermet alloy exoplating and reorganizing synthetic musculature.
- Awarded to the Top 100 players of each data center at the end of The Feast (Season 12.)
Preferring colder climes, this imposing herbivore left its original habitat in Abalathia’s Spine and migrated to Coerthas, which had frozen over in the Calamity’s wake. Its kind are a primitive species that has largely remained unchanged over time, with some known to awaken to magical powers.
“If you squint just the right way, it looks like it’s got ears! Or is it horns…?” – Nashu Mhakaracca
- You can summon this mount with a Megalotragus Horn. The horn can be purchased for 8,400 Skybuilders’ Scrips from Enie.
- Menoetius is a mount Awarded to the Top 100 players of each data center at the end of The Feast (Season 15).
Only after proving your bravery in the face of countless perils has the Father of Dragons found you to be a worthy heir to the Light, and granted you a place upon his back.
- Obtained after completing the level 59 Main Scenario Quest Fetters of Lament.
Due to excessive zeal on the part of Gyoshin, this mikoshi was crafted with more cloudsbreath than is necessary or, indeed, safe. Thus, it not only floats atop the shoulders of its bearers, it soars aloft regardless of their presence─though that does not discourage them from clinging to its poles anyway.
- Purchased from Gyosho in The Azim Steppe for 20 Namazu Koban after achieving Rank 7 (Sworn) reputation with the Namazu Beast Tribe.
- Guaranteed drop when you complete Alphascape V4.0 (Savage).
- A reward for the True Blue achievement.
Armed with the unexplainable ability to levitate…and little else, this thousand-year-old creature (age unconfirmed) has descended the ancient peaks of the Othardian Fanged Crescent in search of a hero to help Doma wrench free from the iron clutches of the Garlean Empire.
- This mount is purchased through the Mog Station for $24 USD.
Yanxian legend tells of a chariot that would carry gods and heroes across the heavens that they might keep watch over their earthbound children. Surprisingly, the realm’s flora and fauna are unscathed by the fire and wind belched forth by the divine carriage.
- Purchased from the Mog Station for $24 USD.
While it is no secret that it was the enigmatic Ascians who provided the beast tribes with nightmares, their reasons for doing so remain shrouded in mystery. Otherwise untamable, the single piercing tone of a magicked whistle is the only method known to soothe the savage beasts.
- This mount is obtainable as a random drop in The Howling Eye (Extreme), The Navel (Extreme), or The Bowl of Embers (Extreme).
Original Fat Chocobo
- Previously available through an Amazon promotion.
Having commanded armies in the hellish darkness that is the void, this demonic beast will not soon submit at the feet of another. Which is why it is all the more surprising that the hound would allow someone on her back.
- Awarded to the Top 100 parties of each data center at the end of The Feast (Season 3.)
Covered from muzzle to tail in an otherworldly silver coat, the faehound appears more akin to something out of a faerie tale than from the nether-reaches of the void. Yet do not be fooled by the beast’s appearance, for she is an equal in strength to all but the highest-ranking voidsent, her heart swollen with savagery from a lifetime leading a pack of her own.
- Awarded to the Top 100 parties of each data center at the end of The Feast (Season 4.)
A small hand-carved whistle that emits a unique, high-pitched tone discernible only by a chocobo trained from birth to recognize and respond to the sound.
- Get the Parade Chocobo when you receive 3,000 player commendations.
While rumors of a winged horse have graced ancient tomes for centuries, until recently, very little in the way of proof of their existence remained save the random feather or horseshoe housed in some remote monastery’s reliquary.
- Purchased from Spoils Collector in The Pillars (x14,y10) for 99 Brass Sky Pirate Spoils. Brass Sky Pirate Spoils can be obtained from The Diadem.
A prodigious porxie created by the Nu Mou Lugg Aenc for transportation purposes. Fond of sausages, it oft spends its free time in the curing chamber, and thus has come to take on the aroma. While comfortable to ride thanks to its soft curves, expect regular rumblings from its belly.
- You can purchase from Jul Oul in Il Mheg for 18 Fae Fancy after achieving Rank 7 (Sworn) reputation with the Pixie Beast Tribe.
It is not in Garlean nature to leave well enough alone, and so, not a single moon after the completion of their new conveyor system, imperial magitek engineers returned to the drawing board to improve upon their creation─replacing existing steel exoplates with high-quality steel exoplates.
- Awarded to the Top 100 players of each data center at the end of The Feast (Season 8.)
- Complete the achievement Castle in the Sky by Earning 500,000 points toward your skyward score as every Disciple of the Hand and Land.
The most daunting of Mado horses, Raigo eclipses its unholy brethren Goten and Ginga in both size and ferocity. As such, the creature will not suffer the burden of carrying a soul unbloodied, and therefore unworthy.
- Obtain Raigo when you get the Furious Fatalities Achievement.
- You can get this achievement after you win 60 Frontlines, The Feast, or Rival Wings PVP matches with a Garo title.
- Drops in Eden’s Verse: Refulgence (Savage).
Many a brave hunter has attempted to topple this flame-belching beast from his fiery throne atop the forest, yet only a few can claim to have conquered the King of the Skies.
- drops from level 70 trial The Great Hunt (Extreme).
- Alternatively, you can purchase Rathalos from Smithy in Kugane for 50 Rathalos Scale+.
- Purchase from the Mog Station for $12
- Purchase from the Mog Station for $24
To hear Cid tell it, equal parts elbow grease and gumption were all that was required to see the Type-G (for “Garlond”) fully operational…when, in all truth, the otherworldly carriage most likely required an amazing amount of reverse engineering to recreate.
- It can be purchased in Gold Saucer for 200,000 MGP.
Upon receiving from his Kojin worshipers the offering of a sad, orphaned wolf pup, Susano proceeded to grant him the gift of flight, as well as an impressive coat of glowing fur, that he might be worthy of the revel.
- This is a random drop for completing The Pool of Tribute (Extreme).
- Alternatively, you can purchase it from Eschina for 99 Revel Totems.
Based on a concept by the legendary Watts, this dwarven warmachina is propelled by a nine-cylinder radial ethanol engine. Its turret-mounted crystal cannon makes short work of sin eaters, while its arms can perform essential motions such as upending tankards.
The Rollin’ Tankards, at your service! – Ronitt
- Rolling Tankard can be purchased from Mizutt in Lakeland for 18 Hammered Frogment once you achieve Rank 7 (Sworn) reputation with the Dwarf Beast Tribe.
The ferocity of these birds is enough to give pause to the bravest warrior, and their keen talons cut through flesh as cleanly the Chandrahas themselves. Any who endeavor to mount the rose lanner must possess the savagery that defines the Wrath of the Colony.
- Random drop from Thok fast Thok (Extreme).
- You can also purchase from Bertana for 99 Hive Totems.
These birds are possessed of dignity equal to the noble personages whom they serve. Ancient Ishgardian knights often indulged themselves in falconry, and lanners were revered for their abilities, their lyncean eyes being well-suited for sighting prey on the ground.
- Random drop upon completion of The Minstrel’s Ballad: Thordan’s Reign.
- Also, purchased from Bertana for 99 Heavens’ Ward Helm Fragment.
Those adventurers who have longed to hop on their Carbuncles’ backs can give thanks to the arcanist Ulan, whose research into Diamond Carbuncle provided the necessary cues to create an arcane entity of ridable proportions. As its form is maintained by a large rubellite, it can be summoned even by those unversed in the ways of arcanima.
Betrayed by my own carbuncle yet again… – Tataru
You can purchase Rubellite Carbuncle for $24 from Mog Station.
- Drops in CInder Drift (Extreme).
No one knows exactly why the Manderville Gold Saucer was built to resemble a sabotender, just as no one knows why its mascot is a sabotender or why more than half of its drink menu features sabotender-themed “cact-tails.” This giant flying sabotender will not see you any closer to those answers, but it is fun to stare at.
- Purchased from the Gold Saucer Attendant for 2,000,000 MGP.
One of the automated system drones deployed by the Allagans to maintain and protect their strongholds. After being unearthed by the Sons of Saint Coinach, the mechanical sphere’s processing unit was updated with the aid of Garlond Ironworks engineers to improve security.
- Obtain with the Front and Center V Achievement.
- You get this achievement by winning 100 Frontline PVP matches.
Countless turns of the sun did Luna Vanu train this wild sanuwa to obey the orders of man, and for many moons did he wait for one he deemed worthy of taking up this noble cloudkin’s reins. Wait, he did, until you arrived.
- You can purchase this mount from Luna Vanu in the Sea of Clouds for 200,000 Gil.
- This purchase is only possible when you achieve Rank 7 (Sworn) reputation with the Vanu Vanu Beast Tribe.
- Purchase this mount for $29.99 from Mog Station.
After witnessing dazzling demonstrations of how a warsteed might turn the tide of battle, the Grand Companies of Eorzea emptied their coffers at the feet of the Far Eastern uma bugyo, each seeking to put themselves at an advantage during Frontline campaigns.
- Obtain this mount when you reach the achievement A Line in The Glade IV.
- Get this achievement by winning 100 Frontline PVP matches with the Order of the Twin Adder.
Answering to a horn imbued with the power of a sorcerer of eld, this draconic arcane entity is believed to have been created by Emet-Selch on a whim─an act that would have barely taxed his powers as an ancient.
- Random drop when you complete The Minstrel’s Ballad, Hades’s Elegy.
Once belonging to the imperial family, this unique craft was abandoned in a grotto by its owners due to a malfunction. It was later retrieved via airship and stored in the Crystal Tower, where it lay until its recent rediscovery and restoration by artisans of the Crystalline Mean.
- The Skyslipper is a random drop from Eden’s Gate: Sepulture (Savage).
Blessed by the elder primal himself, Sleipnir will forever remain loyal to those who have proven themselves worthy. In addition to being fearless in battle, the dark steed is also able to manipulate his corporeal form to accommodate any rider, large or small.
- Purchase Sleipnir for $24 from Mog Station.
Scholars maintain that the tradition of building snowmen originated in Gyr Abania, where they were used to encourage blessings such as “cold” and “snow.” Considering that the region is almost entirely covered in acrid desert, how the snowmen were built in the first place remains a mystery.
Two words: stupendous snowman… – Adventurer who shall remain unnamed
- Snowman is acquired from the Starlight Celebration (2020) Seasonal Event.
History tells us that disruption in balance twixt good and evil will invariably result in suffering. The noble lanner serves to restore that balance by placing upon the goddess Sophia’s scales the weights of equilibrium? most commonly depicted as our heroes of legend.
- Random drop when you complete Containment Bay P1T6 (Extreme).
- Alternatively, you may purchase this mount from Bertana for 99 Fiend Totems.
Grown to a prodigious size by virtue of its appetite, this spriggan was choking on a chunk of ore when it was found and saved by a band of miners. Seeking to repay the kindness of men, it took to carrying their burdens, which apparently includes men themselves.
It must be so tiring living each day carrying around a brain of solid stone. – Da Za
- You can purchase Spriggan Stonecarrier for $24 from Mog Station.
- Starlight Bear is a mount Reward for completing the Seasonal Event Quest Starlight Stakeout during Starlight Celebration (2017) or purchased from the Mog Station for $12.
After witnessing dazzling demonstrations of how a warsteed might turn the tide of battle, the Grand Companies of Eorzea emptied their coffers at the feet of the Far Eastern uma bugyo, each seeking to put themselves at an advantage during Frontline campaigns.
- Awarded from the Achievement A Line in the Storm IV. The achievement is acquired by winning 100 Frontline PvP matches with The Maelstrom.
Raised and trained by the Kojin, this striped ray has the same mellow temperament as its original masters. Its flat body works in like fashion to the aether-imbued wings of an airship, allowing it to catch water- and wind-aspected aether to glide through both sea and sky with ease.
- purchased from Shikitahe in The Ruby Sea for 12 Kojin Sango after achieving Rank 8 (Bloodsworn) reputation with the Kojin Beast Tribe.
- You can purchase this mount from the Mog Station for $12 USD.
Legends say there once lived a kindly sea dragon who befriended a pirate, and that their friendship knew no bounds. This is not that sea dragon; however with a little time and caring, who is to say that a similar relationship cannot be forged?
- This mount is obtained by purchasing the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood Collector’s Edition.
In defiance of its bulk, this prehistoric horned beast has been rendered capable of flight courtesy of its saddle. Employing Ronkan ingenuity, the singular contraption was modified from an artifact discovered within ancient ruins by the moogle Nutsy, fearless leader of the clan of his namesake.
- Get this mount by obtaining the Nuts for Nutsy Achievement.
- Getting this achievement requires killing 2000 A Rank Elite Marks and 1000 S Rank Elite Marks in Novrandt.
Covered in the pristine white feathers representative of a true griffin, this native of Abalathia’s Spine has been trained by Giff, one of the Ala Mhigan Resistance’s most competent handlers. So tame is the creature that it will even emit powerful bursts of air on command.
- This mount costs 18 Ananta Dreamstaff.
- Purchasing it requires rank Sworn or Bloodsworn with Anantas.
Bound to eternal thralldom via an Allagan neurolink, this ancient wyvern from the southern continent of Meracydia will remain a loyal servant as long as you possess its identification key.
- This mount can be obtained by exchanging 15 Gold Chocobo Feather to Calamity Salvager. Gold Chocobo Feathers are obtained through Recruit a Friend campaign. Twintania (Mount) is a Flying Mount.
- You may purchase Typhon from Gold Saucer Attendant for 750,000 MGP.
- Obtained from Anemos Lockboxes, which are dropped from FATEs in Eureka Anemos.
- Purchased from Enie in The Firmament for 8,400 Skybuilders’ Scrips.
Not long ago, Eorzean unicorns numbered in the thousands, and could oft be seen roaming the Coerthas highlands in great majestic herds that would render the mountains white as snow. Poaching has caused the population to decline, and if it were not for your act of kindness, there would be one fewer.
- To obtain a Unicorn, you must level a Conjurer to Level 30 and complete the Unicorn Power Sidequest.
In generations past, warriors seeking fame and glory would journey out into the untamed wilds of Abalathia’s Spine in search of the giant grizzled bears that roamed the mountains, and would wrestle the beasts into submission, riding their prizes back to civilization. That is, or die trying.
- Awarded from the Achievement But Somebody’s Gotta Do It (Warrior). The achievement is acquired by completing 200 high-level full party duties as a Warrior.
Early in the Sixth Astral Era, lions were brought over from the Near East and trained to serve as battle mounts for the Sultansworn of Ul’dah. Deemed unbreakable, those not sold to the Coliseum for venationes were released into the deserts of Thanalan where they eventually reverted back to a feral state.
- Awarded from the Achievement But Somebody’s Gotta Do It (Paladin). The achievement is acquired by completing 200 high-level full party duties as a Paladin.
While more difficult to train than their cousins the coeurls, panthers bring their riders much more advantage on the field due to the beasts’ inherent affinity to various magic. It is also believed that many Dark Knight battle techniques were conceived by watching panthers hunt.
- Awarded from the Achievement But Somebody’s Gotta Do It (Dark Knight). The achievement is acquired by completing 200 high-level full party duties as a Dark Knight.
These birds are enveloped in an aura radiating a majesty that belies the savage nature of their master. According to the ancient legends of a treelike people native to Meracydia, the lanners bore the seeds of the World Tree across the seas, planting the verdant forests that dot the realm today.
- Warring Lanner drops randomly when you complete Containment Bay S1T7 (Extreme)
- Alternatively, you can purchase it from Bertana for 99 Goddess Totems.
Even among tigers, the sabertooth is said to be notoriously difficult to tame, but those creatures raised from birth may come to bear riders upon their backs and into war.
- Obtaining war tiger requires the Tank You, Gunbreaker II Achievement.
- You can nab this achievement by completing 200 dungeons level 61 or above, level 50/60 duty roulette dungeons, or duty roulette dungeons leveling duties as a Gunbreaker.
Moved by your unyielding dedication and patronage, the wandering executive once again commissioned the architects of the Gold Saucer, this time to upgrade the Whisper-go as a gift from himself and his friend, the wandering minstrel.
- Awarded from the Achievement More Inventory Slots, Please. The achievement is acquired by obtaining all 13 Yo-kai Weapons during the Collaboration Event Yo-kai Watch: Gather One, Gather All! It is no longer available as the promotion is over.
Taken in by the vibrant sights of the Gold Saucer, the wandering executive sought out the plaza’s architect to design him a vessel of transportation similar in flamboyance to its myriad attractions. The seats are so finely upholstered riders swear it is as if they are floating on air.
- You could get Whisper-go by completing the You Must Needs Befriend Them All Achievement.
- Getting this achievement requires that you obtain all 13 Yo-kai Minions during the Collaboration Event Yo-kai Watch: Gather One, Gather All! It is only longer obtainable since the event is over.
This masterpiece of Imperial ingenuity is the selfsame suit of warmachina operated by XIVth Legion tribunus Livia sas Junius in the Garlean Empire’s invasion and subjugation of Ilsabard’s northern reaches.
- Purchase White Devil from the Mog Station for $12 USD.
These birds are clad in roiling clouds, and noble Vanu Vanu warriors would sit astride them as part of Bismarck’s retinue. The grace with which they glide through the skies evokes the image of a flower petal being carried by gentle western winds.
- White Lanner is a random drop when you complete The Limitless Blue (Extreme).
- Alternatively, you can purchase this mount from Bertana for 99 Expanse Totems.
Once an ordinary household cleaning tool, relegated to such menial tasks as sweeping and… sweeping, this broom’s life changed upon being enchanted by the ogre pumpkinhead. Now the skies are its dusty floors.
- Originally available upon completion of the Season Event Quest Sweeping the Meadows during All Saints’ Wake (2015).
- Currently, you can purchase from the Mog Station for $12.
Fifty score years ago, this wyvern made a pact with a knight to aid in vanquishing evil from the skies. Even now, long after the knight’s passing, the wyvern has kept that promise, ever-circling the heavens, ignoring the calls of his brethren to take up arms against mankind.
- Get the Wyvern by purchasing it from Bertana in Idyllshire for 6 Clan Mark Logs.
- You can get Clan Mark Logs from Heavensward Hunts.
At full gallop, it is said to be the very wind itself. Legend states that the Lady of the Vortex, Garuda, created this magicked steed from a nightmare offered by the Ixal in sacrifice.
- Xanthos is a random drop when you complete The Howling Eye (Extreme).
High atop the granite peaks of Othard’s Fanged Crescent do the yol claim their demesne, descending to the Azim Steppe to prey upon the soft warriors who pretend not to fear the winged monsters of their ancestor’s tales. Rare indeed is it that a yol might cede its back to the likes of man, though to those who have proved their mettle, the creatures have been known to make exception.
- Yol is a reward for completing the Main Secnario Quest in Footsteps of Bardam the Brave.
This massive bird hunts by grasping its prey within its saw-like beak, and finishes it off with a few violent shakes of its long neck before swallowing the now-dead quarry whole.
- Purchased from any Resident Caretaker for 1 Iron Voyage Spoil obtained in Sector 24 of Exploratory Missions.
The Picture of Ginga is my Agrus Kadeen that you got from reddit, can you please add under the pic “depicted Agrus Kadeen on odin” ?